Agricultural Certification Services is accredited by the CFIA to perform regulatory testing for potatoes. We perform tests on field, greenhouse and laboratory produced plants or tubers.
- BRR Testing – testing of tubers or stems and Nuclear Stock plantlets for certification purposes, and for sale within Canada or for export. Also, testing of seed lots from the U.S.A. intended for import or recertification.
- PSTVd Testing – testing of Nuclear Stock, seed lots for export certification or recertification, and seed lots from the U.S.A.
- Virus Testing – testing of leaves, tubers and Nuclear Stock for PVA, PVM, PVS, PVX, PVY, PLRV, Red LaSoda virus (Potato latent virus) and Potato mop top virus (PMTV).
- Other Fungi & Bacteria – testing of tissue – cultured Nuclear Stock for regulatory purposes.
- Virus Freeing of new varieties, seedlings, or new lines of existing varieties, for entry into the Canadian Seed Potato Certification Program.
- Conducting scientific research projects on a contract basis for agricultural companies, government, universities and others.
- Strawberry Virus Testing Strawberry mild yellow edge virus (SMYEV), Strawberry mottle virus (SMoV), Strawberry vein banding virus (SVBV) testing.
- Post harvest virus testing for mosaic and leafroll on varieties such as Russet Norkotah and Shepody, with poor field symptom expression. Testing can be done prior to sale or replanting.